UNIVERSAL DESIGN CHALLENGE THU JUL 7 4.30pm to 6pm UNIVERSAL DESIGN CHALLENGE with GOOGLE SERVE VOLUNTEERS RESOURCES COURTESY https://universaldesign.ie/
Universal Design refers to the process of designing products, services, and environments to be used by people with the widest possible range of abilities, cultural backgrounds, and other characteristics.
First things first! Before joining us, we have some requests!
bring a pen & paper to the session (we know, like, obvious)
arrive with your face — yes, please, have your video “on”
(it’s important for team building and developing rapport)
We will share the slides & information from the sessions in the folder below.
This workshop will involve an initial presentation on universal design followed by an open discussion on its importance. Participants will then go into breakout groups, facilitated by Google Serve volunteers, to propose a solution to the session's universal design challenge. The workshop will wind down with participants convening again to present their design solution.
- Learn what is Universal Design and its 7 Principles.
- Learn about the history of Universal Design and related Irish and international policy and legislation.
- Explore its benefits to users, companies, organistaions and society and read some case studies and examples.
- Find related award schemes and organisations.
- And finally here are 10 important and interesting things to know about Universal Design
Webinar Recordings & Highlights Here
Who are we, anyway? Let us introduce ourselves before we meet you!
What is Google Serve? GoogleServe is a month-long campaign to empower Googlers to volunteer in their communities.
Your Teen-Turn Host Supervisors this week: