2022 Code of Conduct
TECHNOVATION CELEBRATION PITCH EVENT MAY 7, 2022
South County Business Park, Carmanhall and Leopardstown
Dublin 18, D18 P521
Volunteers who are offering their time and skills to a Teen-Turn organised event are asked to review and sign a Code of Conduct. All events are supervised by Garda Vetted members of our team.
The Teen-Turn Code of Conduct addresses the appropriate levels of behaviour for volunteers in order to fall in line with child protection best practice. The Code of Conduct aims to ensure maximum safety for both the participants and the volunteers. The safeguarding of participants will always be a key priority as we recognise that the welfare of the child is of paramount importance in our work.
Code of Conduct
Adults interacting with young persons and children as a volunteer are in a position of trust and influence. They should always ensure that young persons and children are treated with integrity and respect, and the self-esteem of young people is enhanced.
All adult actions should be guided by what is best for the young person or child and carried out in the context of respectful and open relationships. Physical, emotional or sexual abuse and neglect of any kind or threat of such abuse is totally unacceptable.
• Please do not exchange personal contact information with the participants.
• Avoid one-to-one interactions outside of event hours.
• Please abide by safety rules given by the Garda Vetted Teen-Turn staff, who will be present during the event.
• Treat each person equally regardless of age, gender, ability, ethnic origin, cultural background or religion.
• Never use foul language or provocative language/gestures in the presence of a participant.
• Be positive so that participants leave with a sense of achievement and an increased level of self-esteem.
• If you witness any behaviour that you find disturbing please call it to the attention of Teen-Turn staff.
• Do not under any circumstances make arrangements to meet in person with any participant.